Kuthiraivali or Barnyard Millet is a nutritious millet rich in fiber, vitamin B, proteins and other essential nutritients. This khichadi made with barnyard millet is ideal for breakfast or lunch.
- Kuthiraivali Rice (Barnyard Millet Rice) – 1 cup
- Mixed vegetables (carrot, peas, potato,beans) – 1 cup
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Tomato -1. finely chopped
- Green Chillies – 4, chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
To Temper :
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon – 2
- Marathi Moggu (Kapok Buds) – 1
- Oil – as required
- Wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes.
- To a pressure cooker, heat oil in medium flame.
- Saute the ingredients given for tempering.
- Add the green chillies, onion, ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the tomato, chopped vegetables and needed salt.
- Add the soaked rice and pour 2 cups of water to it.
- Pressure cook until 2 whistles.
- Wait till the pressure has reduced.
- Add the ghee to this kichadi and mix well.
- Serve hot.