A classic French dessert, the Cherry Clafoutis is easy to make, delicious and perfect for any occasion. Instead of cherries, you can also use plums or apricots too.
- All Purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2, lightly beaten
- Caster Sugar – 1 tblsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Milk – 1 1/4 cups
- Butter for greasing
- Black Cherries – 250 gms (preferably fresh)
- Brandy – 1 1/2 tblsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tblsp, to decorate
- Whisk the flour into a large bowl.
- Make a well in th center and add the eggs, sugar and salt.
- Mix them well and whisk again.
- Pour in the milk ans whisk the batter thoroughly, until very smooth.
- Butter a serving dish and pour in half of the batter.
- Add the cherries and pour the remaining batter over the top.
- Sprinkle the brandy over the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180C/350F for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the sugar just before serving.
- Serve warm.