A popular dish from the Singaporean cuisine, the Black Pepper Crabs is very popular in Singapore, Malaysia and surrounding regions. This is a spicy, buttery dish that can be served as a main course for any occasion.
- Large Crabs – 2
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Garlic – 3 large cloves, finely chopped
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Green Chilly – 1, slit lengthwise
- Black Pepper Powder – 3/4 tsp
- Butter – 3 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Curry leaves – handful
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Clean and wash the crabs thoroughly.
- Boil 1 1/2 litres of water in a large pan over medium flame.
- Add the crabs and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Remove the top shells and keep aside.
- Cut the crab into 4 pieces and crack the claws.
- Melt butter in a nonstick frying pan over medium flame.
- Saute the onions and garlic until onions turn translucent.
- Add curry leaves, pinch of turmeric powder, slit green chilly, pepper powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add the crabs and mix well.
- Remove when the crabs are heated through, ensuring they are not overcooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !