Navadhanyam means nine pulses and grains. The Navadhanya Sundal is made during Navratri festival as an offering to the deities and distributed as a prasadam to guests. This sundal is packed with protein and hence can be made as a regular tea time snack or as an evening kids snack too.
White Konda Kadalai – 1/2 cup
Black Konda Kadalai – 1/2 cup
Karamani (Cow Peas) – 1/2 cup
Paasi Paruppu (Moong Dal) – 1/2 cup
Kollu (Horse Gram) – 1/2 cup
Mochai – 1/2 cup
Red Soya Beans – 1/2 cup
Rajma (Red Kidney Beans) – 1/2 cup
Dry Peas – 1/2 cup
Oil as required
Salt as per tsate
Curry Leaves – few
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Dry Red Chillies – 6 to 8
Saunf – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon – a small piece
Ginger – a small piece
1. Soak the nine grains and pulses for couple of hours.
2. Pressure cook until 1 or 2 whistles or until they are soft.
3. Grind all the ingredients given for grinding.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Add the cooked grains and pulses.
6. Add salt and mix well.
7. Add the ground mixture and cook for a minute or two.
8. Garnish with curry leaves.