Nimona is a popular dish from Varanasi and Lucknow made primarily during winter. It is best served with rice or rotis.
Green Peas – 2 cups
Curd – 2 cups, thick
Bay Leaf – 2
Cardamoms – 2
Potatoes – 2
Green Chillies – 4
Sugar – 2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 3 to 4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 4 tsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Coriander Leaves – handful
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the green peas in hot water for 15 minutes.
2. Take 4 tblsp of the green peas and grind them coarsely.
3. Boil, peel and dice the potatoes.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Add the cardamom, bay leaf, cumin seeds and fry for 10 seconds.
6. Add the green chillies, asafoetida powder, sugar, pepper powder, garam masala powder and coriander powder.
7. Add the potatoes, green peas (with the water), ground green pea paste and salt.
8. Stir well and cook for a few minutes.
9. When it starts to bubble, add the curd and bring to a gentle boil.
10. Switch off the flame.
11. Add ghee and coriander leaves.
12. Stir gently and serve.
image via Youtube
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !