Chicken – 1 kg
Black cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup, chopped
Cream – 1/2 cup
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Garlic paste – 3 tbsp
Ginger paste – 3 tbsp
Groundnut oil – 5 tbsp
Lemon juice – 4 tbsp
Mint leaves – 2 tbsp, chopped
Processed cheese – 3 tbsp, grated
Salt to taste
Yellow chilli powder – 1 tsp
Yogurt – 3 tbsp
Cucumber – 250 gms, sliced
Onion rings – 250 gms
Tomatoes – 250 gms, sliced
1. Dice chicken evenly into 1 inch cubes.
2. Do not discard the skin. It will be used to create the potli.
3. In a bowl, whisk the yogurt until smooth.
4. Add the salt, ginger and garlic pastes, lemon juice, yellow chilli powder and oil.
5. Marinate chicken pieces in the mixture for an hour.
6. Now to ready the potli, rub the chicken skin with salt and a pinch of yellow chilli powder. Keep aside.
7. Skewer chicken pieces and cook in a tandoor till half done, about 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Remove from skewer.
9. Mix onions, ginger, coriander, grated cheese, fresh mint and cream with the half cooked chicken. Fill the chicken pieces along with other ingredients in the chicken skin and tie the ends with thread.
10. Skewer and cook in a tandoor again till the skin turns brown in colour or roast in a preheated oven at 275F till skin turns brown.
11. Remove thread and cut bag into half.
12. Garnish with garam masala and chaat masala. Arrange salad along the sides and serve with mint chutney.