Methi Thepla is the most popular Gujarati breakfast dish. Made with fenugreek (methi), it is rich in proteins, fibre, iron and vitamin B6. It is ideal as a breakfast dish, midday snack or as a side dish with the main course.
Thepla is best served with curd, mint chutney and choice of pickles. Theplas can also be made into small rolls for kids with different kinds of fillings.
The best part about methi thepla is it stays good for few days, so it can be made in advance and consumed throughout the week.
Methi Thepla Recipe
Ingredients for Methi Thepla
- 2 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Gram Flour
- 1 bunch Methi / Fenugreek Leaves / Vendhaya Keerai
- 1 tsp Omam (Ajwain)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- little Sugar
- as required Curd to knead the dough
- as required Oil
- as per taste Salt
How to make Methi Thepla
- Combine all the ingredients, except oil, in a bowl.
- Mix well until it has a roti/chapati dough consistency.
- Make small-medium balls and roll them out into flat rotis (theplas).
- Heat a non-stick flat pan over medium flame.
- Cook the prepared theplas on both sides adding little oil around the edges.
- Serve with side dish of choice.