Methi Theplas are a popular Gujarati breakfast dish made with fenugreek leaves, besan and wheat flour. Healthy and easy to make, they also make a great snack and is often served with chutney and curd.
Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
Methi (Fenugreek Leaves / Vendhaya Keerai) – 1 bunch
Omam (Ajwain) – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – little
Curd as required to knead the dough
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Combine all the ingredients, except oil, in a bowl.
2. Mix well until it has a chapati dough consistency.
3. Make small-medium balls and roll them out into flat rounds (theplas).
4. Heat a non-stick flat tawa over medium flame.
5. Cook the prepared theplas on both sides adding little oil around the edges.
6. Serve with side dish of choice.