Sago Adai (Sabudana Adai or Javvarisi Adai) is a delicious, healthy and simple to make breakfast or dinner dish. Adai is a popular South Indian variation to the popular Dosa.
Parboiled Rice – 2 cups
Nylon Sabudana (Javvarisi/Sago) – 1 cup
Horse Gram – 1 cup
Black Pepper Powder – 2 tblsp
Green Chillies – 4 to 5
Asafoetida Powder – 2 tsp
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Carrot – 1/3 cup, grated
Oil – 1/3 cup
Salt as per taste
Curry Leaves – few (optional)
1. Combine the rice and horse gram.
2. Wash and soak them in water for 2 hours.
3. Wash and soak the sabudana for 2 hours, separately.
4. Drain any excess water from the rice-horse gram and transfer to a grinder.
5. Add green chillies, ginger and salt.
6. Grind for 2 minutes.
7. Add the sabudana and asafoetida.
8. Grind all the ingredients to a coarse (and pourable) batter.
9. Add carrot, curry leaves, pepper powder and mix well.
10. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
11. Heat a dosa tawa over medium flame.
12. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
13. Apply oil around the edges and cook on both sides.
14. Serve hot with chutney and sambar or side dish of choice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !