Chicken Saltimbocca is a simple and classic Italian dish where chicken breast fillets with mozzarella cheese, sage leaves and wrapped in prosciutto are cooked and served with a sauce made from stock and dry white wine along with baby potatoes.
Chicken Breast Fillets – 2 (about 500 gms), halved
Mozzarella Cheese – 1/4 cup
Prosciutto – 4 slices
Sage Leaves – few
Baby Potatoes – 250 gms, halved
Butter – 2 tblsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tsp
Dry White Wine – 1/3 cup
Chicken Stock – 1/3 cup
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Chop the mozzarella into 4 equal slices.
2. Top each chicken fillet half with a slice of cheese, couple of sage leaves and wrap it in a slice of prosciutto.
3. Secure the sage leaves with the prosciutto with a toothpick.
4. Cook the baby potatoes in salted water for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Drain well.
6. Heat 1 tblsp butter and 1 1/2 tsp oil in a pan.
7. Add the potatoes and some sage leaves.
8. Stir-fry for a minute or two.
9. Sprinkle some salt and transfer to a bowl.
10. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan.
11. Cook the chicken halves for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
12. Remove and keep aside.
13. Add the remaining butter, wine and stock to the pan.
14. Bring to a boil and reduce flame.
15. Simmer for 4 minutes or until it is reduced slightly.
16. Sprinkle some salt and pepper powder.
17. Stir gently and remove.
18. Serve the cooked chicken with the sauce and potatoes.