Chicken Saltimbocca is a simple and classic Italian dish where chicken breast fillets with mozzarella cheese, sage leaves and wrapped in prosciutto are cooked and served with a sauce made from stock and dry white wine along with baby potatoes.
Chicken Breast Fillets – 2 (about 500 gms), halved
Mozzarella Cheese – 1/4 cup
Prosciutto – 4 slices
Sage Leaves – few
Baby Potatoes – 250 gms, halved
Butter – 2 tblsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tsp
Dry White Wine – 1/3 cup
Chicken Stock – 1/3 cup
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Chop the mozzarella into 4 equal slices.
2. Top each chicken fillet half with a slice of cheese, couple of sage leaves and wrap it in a slice of prosciutto.
3. Secure the sage leaves with the prosciutto with a toothpick.
4. Cook the baby potatoes in salted water for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Drain well.
6. Heat 1 tblsp butter and 1 1/2 tsp oil in a pan.
7. Add the potatoes and some sage leaves.
8. Stir-fry for a minute or two.
9. Sprinkle some salt and transfer to a bowl.
10. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan.
11. Cook the chicken halves for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
12. Remove and keep aside.
13. Add the remaining butter, wine and stock to the pan.
14. Bring to a boil and reduce flame.
15. Simmer for 4 minutes or until it is reduced slightly.
16. Sprinkle some salt and pepper powder.
17. Stir gently and remove.
18. Serve the cooked chicken with the sauce and potatoes.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !