Ragi – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Cardamom powder – little
Broken Cashewnuts – 1 tblsp
1. Soak ragi in hot water for 3 hours.
2. Strain water and grind it in a wet grinder.
3. Sprinkle warm water while grinding.
4. Grind to a smooth paste.
5. Strain through a fine sieve and squeeze out to extract milk from that.
6. Mix milk with this extract and cook in a heavy kadai, stirring constantly till it becomes thick and transparent.
7. Add sugar, keep stirring till it is dissolved.
8. Add ghee, cardamom powder and mix well.
9. When halwa consistency is reached, remove from fire and pour on a greased plate.
Decorate it with fried cashewnuts.
Halwa Consistency – It should not stick to hands.