Mint tea is a type of herbal tea that is made from mint leaves and hot water. It is consumed all over the world, but it has become very popular in the Western countries in recent years.
Mint tea is traditionally consumed as a refreshing drink on its own or with some honey and lemon. However, it can be used as a base for many other drinks, such as iced tea, fruit-flavored iced tea, and cocktails.
Consumption of this tea helps to relieve stress, anxiety, increases alertness, aids in stomach ailments and improves sleep.
Mint Tea Recipe
Ingredients for Mint Tea
- 10 to 15 leaves Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1/2 cup Boiling Water - 1/2 cup
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Honey - 1/2 to 1 tsp
- 1 Tea Bag of your choice
How to make Mint Tea
- Crush the mint leaves and place them in a mug with the tea bag.
- Pour the hot water and let it seep for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Discard the mint leaves if desired.
- Add a little honey and stir gently.
- Serve at once.