A delicious, quick and healthy alternative to the regular chicken burgers, this Tandoori Chicken Burger is a perfect dish for any time.
Chicken Breast Fillets – 4, small/medium size, boneless, skinless (cut into the shape of the burger patty if desired)
Tandoori Masala Powder – 1 1/2 tblsp, mixed with 2 tblsp water
Plain Yogurt – 1/4 cup + 2 tblsp
Mint Leaves – 3 tsp, finely chopped
Burger Buns – 2, halved
Tomato – 1, small, sliced (optional)
Onion – 1, small, sliced
Cucumber – 1, small, sliced
Carrot – 1, small, sliced or finely chopped
Mixed Salad Leaves – 2 cups, chopped
Lettuce – few, torn
Oil – 1/2 tblsp
1. Mix the tandoori masala paste with 2 tblsp of yogurt in a bowl.
2. Add the chicken pieces and mix well until evenly coated.
3. Keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame.
5. Cook the marinated chicken for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
6. Mix the mint leaves with 1/4 cup of yogurt.
7. Lightly toast the buns if desired and place them on a flat surface.
8. Spread the mint-yogurt mixture on the halves.
9. Top up with lettuce, salad leaves, cucumber, carrot and onions.
10. Place the cooked chicken patty on top and cover with the other half.
11. Serve at once with fries or salad.