Pomfret – 250 gms, whole
Dried Red Chillies – 2, deseeded, soaked in 1/2 tblsp vinegar
Cumin Seeds – 3/4 tsp
Garlic – 5 to 6, cloves
Ginger – 1 one inch piece
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Remove the fins, head and tails of the pomfret.
2. Wash and clean the fish thoroughly.
3. Combine the red chillies, cumin seeds, garlic, ginger, salt and sugar.
4. Grind to a smooth paste.
5. Rub this paste inside the fish and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a large pan over low heat.
7. Shallow fry the fish for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve hot with lemon slice and chopped onions.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and may not be of the actual recipe.
image credit: Mid-day