Brinjal – 6 to 10
Tomatoes – 2 Big
Onions – 1 Big
Green Chillies – 5 Small
Mustard – 1 Tbsp
Jeera/Cumin Seeds – 1 Tbsp
Curry Leaves – 2 Springs
Tamarind – Medium sized lemon size
Dry Coconut – 6 Tbsp
Sesame – 3 Tbsp
Peanuts – 3 Tbsp (Non Salted)
Dhaniya/Coriander Seeds – 2 Tbsp
Turmeric – 1/2 Tbsp
Red Chilly Powder – 1 Tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 Tbsp
Salt – As per taste.
Oil – For seasoning
1. Cut the Brinjal such that it has 4 slits keeping the stem. Best way is to cut it from bottom. Soak the Brinjals in water with salt.
2. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the Mustard, Jeera, Curry Leaves, Onions, Green Chillies and Ginger Garlic Paste. Fry them till the onions are slight brown.
3. Now add the Tomatoes, Salt, Turmeric, Red chilly powder and cook it with a lid on the top of the vessel till the tomatoes becomes mushy.
4. Now add the Brinjal into this and cook it with covered lid for 10 minutes.
5. In the meantime, prepare the Masala by grinding the Peanuts, Sesame, Dry coconut and Dhaniya into a smooth paste by adding water.
6. Also, soak the tamarind in water and extract the pulp.
7. Now, add the Masala and the tamarind pulp to the brinjals and cook it until the brinjals becomes soft, you can add water depending upon your requirement.
8. Towards the end, garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !