Grind together for Masala Paste
Big onion – 1
Garlic – 6 flakes
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp (heaped)
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Rock salt – 1 tbl sp
Dhania powder – 1 tbl sp (level)
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Additionaly grind these 2 separately
Cashewnuts – 10
Blanched almonds – 10
1. Cut paneer into thick lengthwise pieces.
2. Deep fry in medium hot oil till golden.
3. Put it in a warm water till required.
4. Peel and slice onions lengthwise.
5. Grind masala paste coarsely without water and then grind the cashewnuts/almonds into smooth paste with little water.
6. Soak green gram in water for 6 hours.
7. Change the water and pressure cook till 1 whistle. Keep aside.
8. Heat oil in dry pan, fry sliced onions till golden.
9. Add ground masala paste and fry till oil leaves the sides of the vessel.
10. Add whipped curds and cook for few more minutes.
11. Add tomato paste and then cooked gram.
12. Boil till thick. Add the cashew/almon paste and paneer cubes at the end, cook for few more minutes and remove from fire.
13. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with puris or pulkas.