This quick and easy Bengali style cabbage stir-fry goes well with any dish/meal.
Cabbage – 350 to 400 gms, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
Onion – 1, chopped
Panch Phoran (Five-Spice Powder) – 2 tsp (substitute with Garam Masala Powder if not available)
Coriander Leaves – little, chopped, to garnish
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the onions and five spice powder.
3. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until the onions turn soft.
4. Add the ginger paste, red chilli powder and mix well.
5. Add the cabbage and mix well.
6. Reduce flame to low and cover the pan with a lid.
7. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once or twice.
8. Add salt and stir well.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Remove and serve as an accompainment to a meal.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !