A delicious and simple South Indian kootu with yellow pumpkin. Serve with hot rice.
Yellow Pumpkin – 2 cups, chopped
Salt as per taste
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Curd – 1/2 cup, thick
For the masala:
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Dry Red Chilli – 1
Green Chillies – 2
Curry Leaves – few
Mustard Seeds – little
1. Grind together the ingredients for the masala to a smooth paste.
2. Heat a pan over medium flame.
3. Add the pumpkin pieces, salt and turmeric powder.
4. Sprinkle a little water and cook for 30 to 60 seconds.
5. Add the ground paste and curd.
6. Stir well and add some water if required.
7. Simmer for a minute or until all ingredients are well combined.
8. Remove from flame.
9. Fry the mustard seeds and curry leaves in little oil.
10. Add to the kootu.
11. Serve hot with rice.