Methi na gota is a traditional Gujarati snack that is made from fenugreek leaves and gram flour. It is a popular snack in Gujarat and is served as an accompaniment to meals or as a snack on its own.
The dish has a unique flavour and texture, and it can be enjoyed by everyone. The combination of fenugreek leaves, gram flour and spices make this dish both tasty and healthy.
Methi na gota can be enjoyed with chutneys or pickles, making it the perfect snack for any occasion.
Methi Na Gota Recipe
Ingredients for Methi Na Gota
- 3 cup Besan (Gram) Flour
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 6 to 8 Green Chillies depending on size, chopped
- 2 to 3 cup Fenugreek Leaves finely chopped
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves finely chopped (optional)
- 6 to 8 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 tbsp Curd
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 4 tsp White Sesame Seeds
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Black Pepper Powder adjust as required
- for deep frying Oil
- as per taste Salt
- as per taste Sugar
How to make Methi Na Gota
- Mix the besan and wheat flour in a large bowl.
- Add fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves 3 to 4 tsp salt, 2 tsp sugar, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, asafoetida powder, sesame seeds, coriander powder and pepper powder.
- Mix well.
- Grind the green chillies and garlic to a smooth paste.
- Add to the bowl along with curd.
- Mix well without any lumps to a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Add 1 to 2 tsp oil to the batter and mix well.
- Drop small portions (medium sized balls) of the batter into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with green chutney.