Doddak is a Konkani breakfast dish served with chutney and sambar of choice. It has a consistency of a Rava Dosa and is made of grated cucumber, rava, ginger and green chillies in a buttermilk batter.
Rava (Sooji/Semolina) – 350 gms
Buttermilk – 2 cups
Green Chillies – 2 to 3, finely chopped
Jaggery – 2 tblsp
Coconut – 100 gms, grated
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cucumber – 1, grated
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the rava until golden.
2. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add the green chillies, jaggery, coconut, cucumber, coriander leaves and salt.
4. Mix well.
5. Gradually add the buttermilk and mix until it has a dosa batter (semi-thick and pouring) consistency.
6. Heat ghee in a tawa over medium flame.
7. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
8. Apply ghee around the edges and cook on both sides for 2 minutes or until golden and light brown.
9. Remove and serve with chutney and sambar of choice.