Mixed Vegetable Curry is one of the most popular and simple to make side dish recipes for rice, roti or naan.
Carrot – 3 to 4, depending on size
Capsicums – 2
Potatoes – 2, medium
Avarakkai (Broad Beans) – 50 gms
Cauliflower – 1/4 cup
Chow Chow (Chayote) – 1, medium
Green Peas – 1/4 cup
Sambar Powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – handful
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 2 tsp
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Chop all the vegetables – carrot, cauliflower, capsicum, potato, chow chow and beans.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Fry the mustard seeds and urad dal for 30 seconds.
4. Add the chopped vegetables, peas and stir-fry for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Sprinkle a little water if desired.
6. When the vegetables are cooked, add turmeric powder, sambar powder and salt.
7. Stir to mix well.
8. Remove and switch off the flame.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve with rice, roti or naan.
Note: You can also add onion and tomato if preferred.
its simple and good…
Ya not bad I did not have yet I have to try
oh!! i loved this recipe and yes it’s AWESOME. this recipe is very simple and scrumptious