A great salad with penne or fusilli pasta and vegetables. Versatile and can be served as a starter or as a meal by itself.
Pasta – 225 gms (Penne or Fusilli)
Mozzarella Cheese – 100 gms, cut into cubes
Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
Brinjals – 1 cup, chopped
Carrot – 1, peeled
Zucchini – 1
Green Peas – 1/4 cup
Capsicum – 2, small, chopped (Red and Yellow)
Celery – 1 cup, chopped
Tomatoes – 1, chopped
Basil Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Parsley – 1 tblsp, chopped
Oregano – 2 tsp, chopped
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Heat a large pan of salted water and bring to a boil.
2. Add the pasta and cook as per packet instructions, until al dente.
3. Drain well.
4. Add 1/2 tblsp olive oil and toss well.
5. Spread out to cool and keep aside.
6. Heat 1 1/2 tblsp olive in a pan over medium flame.
7. Add the brinjals and cook until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
8. Remove and drain excess oil. Keep aside.
9. Heat a large pan of salted water ad bring to a boil.
10. Add the carrots and cook until soft.
11. Add the zucchini and capsicum. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but still firm.
12. Add the green peas and cook for a minute.
13. Drain well and rinse the vegetables under cold running water.
14. Cut the zucchinis and carrots into bite-sized pieces.
15. Transfer to a large bowl.
16. Add the peas, brinjals, celery, tomatoes and capsicums.
17. Add oregano, basil, parsley, extra-virin olive oil and pasta.
18. Mix well until evenly combined.
19. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
20. Add the mozzarella cheese and mix gently.
Note: If desired, you can also use sweet corn and black olives.