Maravalli Kizhangu or Tapioca is a popular ingredient in South India. Boiled Tapioca is often eaten as a breakfast item. The chips made using this is also very popular and is often sold as a street food.
Maravalli Kilangu (Tapioca) – 1
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Curry Leaves – few
Oil as required
1. Peel and steam cook the tapioca until half done.
2. Slice it into thin sticks (like french fries) or into thin circles (like potato chips), discarding the inner center part.
3. Add salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
5. Fry the tapioca sticks until light golden brown.
6. Drain excess oil and transfer to a serving bowl.
7. Add asafoetida powder and red chilli powder.
8. Toss well to mix.
9. Fry the curry leaves in a small frying pan.
10. Add to the chips and mix.
11. Serve at once.
image via Youtube video