Cashew Pakoda is a famous and popular snack in South India. Often made during special occasions, they are a great evening / tea time snack.
Gram Flour – 2 cups
Rice Flour – 1/3 cup
Cashew Nuts – 200 gms, whole
Green Chillies – 5 to 6, finely chopped
Mint Paste – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Oil for frying
1. Combine the gram flour, cashew nuts, green chillies, mint paste and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add ghee and mix well.
3. Sprinkle a bit of water and mix again to a soft, thick dough.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
5. Drop small portions of the dough into the hot oil.
6. Fry until light golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Serve as a snack.
9. Store in an airtight container.
image via grand sweets and snacks