Aloo Bhujia or also known as Aloo Bhujia Sev is a very popular Indian snack. Made with potatoes mixed with spices and fried in hot oil, this is often served as a teatime snack or as a quick munch. It is extremely popular with children and make a good lunchbox item. In this festive season, impress your family and friends with some homemade Aloo Bhujia.
Potatoes – 4, boiled
Raw Rice Flour – 1 cup
Gram Flour – 1 cup
Butter – 1/4 cup
Chaat Masala Powder – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required for frying
1. Peel and mash the potatoes well.
2. Ensure there are no lumps.
3. Add butter and mix well.
4. Mix the rice flour, gram flour, chaat masala powder and salt in a bowl.
5. Add the potato mixture and some water (if required).
6. Mix well to a smooth, pliable dough.
7. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
8. Add the potato mixture to a ompodi (or a sev) maker.
9. Gently press over the hot oil and cook until light golden brown.
10. Remove and drain excess oil.
11. Store in an airtight container.
1. This gets cooked faster, so keep an eye on it and ensure it does not get burnt.
2. If desired, sprinkle a bit of chaat masala powder after step 10.
3. Ompodi maker is nothing but a murukku press with a plate to make ompodi. Insert the plate into the murukku press and add the dough. Then insert the top and press gently.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !