Beetroots – 3 cups, cubed
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Chutney Powder – 1 tsp
Fresh Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Oil – 2 tblsp
Curry Leaves – 3
Dried Red Chillies – 2
Black Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
1. Steam the beetroots for about 5 minutes till tender and set aside.
2. Put the oil in a pan over medium heat.
3. When the oil is hot add the curry leaves, dried red chillies, black mustard seeds and urad dal.
4. Fry over medium heat, till mustard seeds splutter and dal is golden, for about 30 seconds.
5. Add beetroot to the pan and stir well.
6. Stir in the salt and chutney powder.
7. Cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
8. Add the coconut and stir well.
9. Remove from heat and serve warm.