A quick and easy vegetable fried rice, Singapore style.
Basmati Rice – 200 gms
Carrot – 1/4 cup, chopped
Cabbage – 1/4 cup, chopped
Capsicum – 1/4 cup, chopped
Garlic – 5 to 8 cloves, chopped
Green Chillies – 3 to 4, chopped
Soy Sauce – 2 tsp
Chilli Garlic Sauce – 4 tsp
Spinach – small handful, finely chopped
Spring Onions – handful, chopped
Pepper Powder – 4 tsp
Vinegar – 4 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the basmati rice for 30 to 40 minutes.
2. Pressure cook until 3/4th cooked.
3. Add vinegar and salt. Stir well.
4. Drain well and spread it out on a plate. Keep aside.
5. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
6. Saute the carrot, capsicum, garlic, spinach and cabbage for a minute or two.
7. Add the rice, green chillies, soy sauce, chilli garlic sauce, salt and pepper powder.
8. Stir for a minute or two.
9. Cook until the rice is done.
10. Garnish with spring onions.
11. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !