A popular dish from the Bengali cuisine, this shrimp pakora is best served as a snack or appetizer with chutney or sauce of choice.
Shrimps – 250 gms, peeled, deveined
Onion – 1, chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
Gram Flour – 1/4 cup
Rice Flour – 2 tsp
Garlic – 1 to 2 cloves, finely chopped (optional)
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Wash and dry the shrimps well.
2. Transfer them to a bowl.
3. Add the gram flour, rice flour, garlic, onions, red chilli powder, green chillies, coriander leaves and salt.
4. Add lemon juice and 2 tblsp of oil.
5. Mix well and shape the mixture into balls (or any other shape). You can also skip this and drop each individual shrimps into the hot oil.
6. Heat oil for deep frying in a nonstick pan.
7. Fry the prepared pakoras for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve with chutney or sauce of choice.