Shrimps marined in a ginger paste and shallow fried. Serve as a starter or appetizer.
Shrimps – 10 to 12, cleaned, peeled, deveined, heads removed and tails intact
Lemon Juice – 1 1/2 to 2 tsp
Ginger Paste – 2 tsp
Red Chillies – 5 to 6, ground to a paste
Maida – 1 tblsp
Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
1. Wash the shrimps well and pat dry.
2. Transfer them to a medium sized bowl.
3. Add the maida, red chilli paste, ginger paste, lemon juice and some salt.
4. Toss well until evenly mixed.
5. Keep aside for 10 to 20 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a nonstick tawa.
7. Add the shrimps with the marinade and saute for a minute or two.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve hot.
Tip: Do not overcook the shrimps otherwise they will become rubbery.
In some places garlic paste is also used. Add 1/2 tsp if desired.