A simple and different dish with bread. This can be served as a breakfast dish or as an evening snack.
Bread Slices – 5
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, finely chopped
Butter – 3 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few
Oil – 3 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
1. Remove the crusts and slice the bread slices into small 1 inch pieces.
2. Heat butter in a nonstick pan.
3. Add the bread pieces and stir-fry until crisp.
4. Remove and keep aside until required.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
7. Fry for 30 seconds.
8. Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
9. Add the tomatoes and saute for another minute.
10. Add the red chilli powder and salt.
11. Add 1/2 cup of water and cook until the gravy thickens and water has almost evaporated.
12. Add the bread pieces and stir gently.
13. Transfer to a plate.
14. Garnish with coriander leaves.
15. Serve at once.