A delicious and tangy sherbet with black grapes. Use seedless grapes if available.
Black Grapes – 500 gms
Black Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Ajwain – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Tamarind Pulp – 2 tsp
Cold Water as required
1. Grind the black grapes until pulpy.
2. Strain well to remove the seeds.
3. Transfer to a large pitcher and pour 1 to 2 cups of cold water.
4. Adjust the water quantity as desired and ensure the juice is not too thick or too watery.
5. Heat a small frying pan over medium flame.
6. Fry the cumin seeds, ajwain and fennel seeds for a minute.
7. Remove, cool and grind to a fine powder with black salt.
8. Add this to the pitcher along with tamarind pulp.
9. Stir well.
10. Add ice cubes and mix well.
11. Serve chilled.