Lamb Tikka Kebab is a popular British Indian dish where chunks of lamb are marinated in a spice mixture and grilled. They are served alongside naan and onion-tomato salad.
Perfect for a quick takeaway lunch or dinner, they are found in most Asian restaurants in England and Wales.
Lamb Tikka Kebab Recipe
Ingredients for Lamb Tikka Kebab
- 400 g Lamb boneless, cubed
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp Green Chillies minced
- 1 to 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp Mace Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- as per taste Salt
- 3/4 tblsp Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- few Wooden Skewers soaked in water for 30 to 45 minutes
How to make Lamb Tikka Kebab
- Prick the lamb with a fork.
- Mix the cumin powder, yogurt, lemon juice, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, mace powder, garam masala powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the lamb cubes and mix well until well coated.
- Keep the bowl in the fridge for 5 to 8 hours.
- Skewer the lamb cubes and place them on a hot grill.
- Cook for 3 minutes and brush with oil.
- Turn and grill on the other side for another 3 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot with plain naan or tandoori naan.