- Fine Rava – 1 cup
- Green Gram Dal – 1/4 cup
- Cumin Seeds – 3/4 tsp, coarsely powdered
- Pepper – 3/4 tsp, coarsely powdered
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Water – 3 to 4 cups
- Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
- Cashewnuts – 10, broken into pieces
- Ghee – 1 1/2 tblsp
- Heat 1 cup of water in a small pressure pan and add the dal.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle in low flame.
- Heat little ghee and fry rava until golden.
- Pour 2 1/2 cups of boiling water to the fried rava along with salt.
- Cook under low flame.
- When the rava is cooked, add the dal with the cooked water.
- Add the pepper, cumin seeds and grated ginger.
- Mix gently till a pongal consistency is reached.
- Add fried cashewnuts, curry leaves and remove from fire.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !