Olive Oil – 3 tblsp + 1 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Red Capsicum – 1, finely chopped, seeds discarded
Garlic – 1 clove, chopped
Cumin Seeds – 1 tblsp
Thyme – 1 tsp
Sweet Corn Kernels – 400 gms
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Heat 3 tblsp olive oil in a pan.
2. Saute the onions, capsicums, cumin seeds, garlic, thyme and salt for 3 minutes.
3. Add the sweet corn and cook for a minute or two.
4. Pour 2 cups of hot water and stir well.
5. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer over low flame for 15 minutes. Stir from time to time.
6. Remove and cool.
7. Transfer the ingredients to a blender jar and blend well till smooth.
8. Pour into the pan and cook for a few minutes, stirring often.
9. Add a little water if it is too thick.
10. When it starts to boil, remove and pour into individual serving bowls.
11. Sprinkle pepper powder and little olive oil on top.
12. Serve at once.