This can be made during festivals like Deepavali, Tamil New Years Day or any special occasions.
Green Gram – 1/2 cup
Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
Masoor Dal – 1/2 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup
Dry Ginger Powder – 1 tsp
Milk Maid – 1 cup
Cardamom Powder – a pinch
Cashewnuts – 1 tblsp
Raisins – 1 tblsp
Kopra – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Ghee – 100 gms
1. Wash the dals and pressure cook together for 2 whistles. Transfer to a pan and place over low flame.
2. Add enough water to jaggery and bring to a boil till it starts to thicken.
3. Add the jaggery syrup to the dals along with milk maid, ginger powder, cardamom powder.
4. Mix well.
5. Fry the cashewnuts, raisins and kopra in little ghee.
6. Add to the payasam.
7. Add ghee and stir well.
8. Simmer for 30 to 45 seconds.
9. Remove and serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !