Aloo Jeera or Jeera Aloo or Cumin Potatoes is a simple and easy to make dish. It is a quick dish that can be made in a jiffy and goes perfectly with any dish. You can serve this as a side dish to rotis, naan or pair it up with jeera rice or plain rice with a curry on the side.
Aloo Jeera Recipe
Ingredients for Aloo Jeera
- 250 g Potatoes
- 2 tblsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- handful Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- handful Coriander Leaves chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- as per taste Salt
How to make Aloo Jeera
- Boil the potatoes.
- Drain well and peel the skin.
- Then cut them into 1 inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan.
- Stir-fry the mustard seeds, curry leaves and cumin seeds for a minute.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder.
- Add the potatoes.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes and remove from flame.
- Add lemon juice and mix gently.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.