Almonds – 1 kg
Milk – 3 cups
Sugar – 3/4 to 1 kg (half of it powdered)
Cardamoms – 10 to 12, powdered
1. Soak almonds in hot water and peel the skin.
2. Grind almonds mixed with milk to a very smooth paste in a mixie.
3. Boil 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of water and cardamom powder.
4. Cook into a 2 string syrup.
5. Add almonds and cook on a low flame till syrup and almonds are well mixed and smooth and dough like.
6. Remove and cool.
7. Sprinkle powdered sugar on a smooth surface.
8. Make small balls and roll out each one to about 2 inch rounds and 1/4 inch thick.
9. Cut with a cutter.
10. Separate half of them and cut out into desired patterns.
11. Sprinkle powdered sugar.
12. Preheat an oven to 150F.
13. Place the badam rounds on a baking tray.
14. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
15. Remove when they change colour.
16. Dab water and cover with a silver varak.
17. Store in an airtight container and serve..
This is typically served at weddings and special occasions.
Badam ki Jaali Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Badam ki Jaali from Awesome Cuisine.