Almonds – 1 kg
Milk – 3 cups
Sugar – 3/4 to 1 kg (half of it powdered)
Cardamoms – 10 to 12, powdered
1. Soak almonds in hot water and peel the skin.
2. Grind almonds mixed with milk to a very smooth paste in a mixie.
3. Boil 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of water and cardamom powder.
4. Cook into a 2 string syrup.
5. Add almonds and cook on a low flame till syrup and almonds are well mixed and smooth and dough like.
6. Remove and cool.
7. Sprinkle powdered sugar on a smooth surface.
8. Make small balls and roll out each one to about 2 inch rounds and 1/4 inch thick.
9. Cut with a cutter.
10. Separate half of them and cut out into desired patterns.
11. Sprinkle powdered sugar.
12. Preheat an oven to 150F.
13. Place the badam rounds on a baking tray.
14. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
15. Remove when they change colour.
16. Dab water and cover with a silver varak.
17. Store in an airtight container and serve..
This is typically served at weddings and special occasions.
Badam ki Jaali Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Badam ki Jaali from Awesome Cuisine.