Radish – 500 gms, peeled, sashed
Red Mustard Seeds – 100 gms
Cumin Seeds – 4 tsp
Timmur, Optional – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 4 tsp
Salt to Taste
Turmeric Powder – 2 tsp
Mustard Oil – 2 cups
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
1. Pat dry the radish and cut into 3 inch long pieces.
2. Cut each piece diagonally into four.
3. Spread them on a flat dish and leave indoors for 5 to 6 hours.
4. Grind the red mustard seeds, cumin seeds and Timmur to a coarse paste.
5. Mix the paste, salt and turmeric powder together.
6. Add 2 to 3 tbsp oil and lemon juice.
7. Mix well and add the radish and rub the spice mixture well into the pieces.
8. In a dry glass jar, add the pieces, a few at a time.
9. Press down after each addition to pack them well.
10. Cover and put the jar out in the sun for 2 days.
11. In the third day, shake the bottle well.
12. There should be water in it.
13. Add the remaining oil and mix well.
14. It will be ready for consumption after 6 to 7 days.
Mula Ko Achar (Nepalese Radish Pickle) Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Mula Ko Achar (Nepalese Radish Pickle) from Awesome Cuisine.