Radish – 500 gms, peeled, sashed
Red Mustard Seeds – 100 gms
Cumin Seeds – 4 tsp
Timmur, Optional – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 4 tsp
Salt to Taste
Turmeric Powder – 2 tsp
Mustard Oil – 2 cups
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
1. Pat dry the radish and cut into 3 inch long pieces.
2. Cut each piece diagonally into four.
3. Spread them on a flat dish and leave indoors for 5 to 6 hours.
4. Grind the red mustard seeds, cumin seeds and Timmur to a coarse paste.
5. Mix the paste, salt and turmeric powder together.
6. Add 2 to 3 tbsp oil and lemon juice.
7. Mix well and add the radish and rub the spice mixture well into the pieces.
8. In a dry glass jar, add the pieces, a few at a time.
9. Press down after each addition to pack them well.
10. Cover and put the jar out in the sun for 2 days.
11. In the third day, shake the bottle well.
12. There should be water in it.
13. Add the remaining oil and mix well.
14. It will be ready for consumption after 6 to 7 days.
Mula Ko Achar (Nepalese Radish Pickle) Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Mula Ko Achar (Nepalese Radish Pickle) from Awesome Cuisine.