Paneer – 600 gms, cut into small finger-sized pieces
For the Filling:
Whole Milk Fudge – 4 tsp
Paneer – 2 tbsp, mashed
Cashew Nuts – 2 tsp, chopped
Pickle Masala – 1 tsp
Tomato Puree – 4 tsp, thick
For the Batter:
Cornflour – 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Yellow Colour – a few drops
Water as required
For the Gravy:
Vegetable oil – 2 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Tomato puree – 2 1/2 cups, fresh
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder – a pinch
White Pepper Powder – a pinch
Fenugreek Powder – 2 tsp
Butter – 2 tsp
Cream – 4 tsp
1. For the filling, mix together all the ingredients thoroughly.
2. Stuff this filling between two paneer fingers.
3. For the batter, mix together all the ingredients and make a smooth batter.
4. Dip the paneer sandwich in the batter and deep fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on absorbent kitchen towels.
6. Keep aside.
7. For the gravy, heat the oil in a pan, saute the ginger garlic pastes for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Add the tomato puree and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
9. Add the seasoning and spices.
10. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
11. Stir in the butter and cream.
12. Mix and remove from heat.
13. Arrange the fried paneer sandwiches on a platter and pour the gravy on top.
14. Serve hot.
Akbari Paneer Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Akbari Paneer from Awesome Cuisine.