Paneer – 600 gms, cut into small finger-sized pieces
For the Filling:
Whole Milk Fudge – 4 tsp
Paneer – 2 tbsp, mashed
Cashew Nuts – 2 tsp, chopped
Pickle Masala – 1 tsp
Tomato Puree – 4 tsp, thick
For the Batter:
Cornflour – 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Yellow Colour – a few drops
Water as required
For the Gravy:
Vegetable oil – 2 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Tomato puree – 2 1/2 cups, fresh
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder – a pinch
White Pepper Powder – a pinch
Fenugreek Powder – 2 tsp
Butter – 2 tsp
Cream – 4 tsp
1. For the filling, mix together all the ingredients thoroughly.
2. Stuff this filling between two paneer fingers.
3. For the batter, mix together all the ingredients and make a smooth batter.
4. Dip the paneer sandwich in the batter and deep fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on absorbent kitchen towels.
6. Keep aside.
7. For the gravy, heat the oil in a pan, saute the ginger garlic pastes for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Add the tomato puree and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
9. Add the seasoning and spices.
10. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
11. Stir in the butter and cream.
12. Mix and remove from heat.
13. Arrange the fried paneer sandwiches on a platter and pour the gravy on top.
14. Serve hot.
Akbari Paneer Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Akbari Paneer from Awesome Cuisine.