Cherry Tomatoes – 6
Ripe Mango – 1 large
Green Chilli – 1 fresh, deseeded and finely chopped
Juice of 1 Lime
Fresh Coriander – 1 tblsp, chopped
Jumbo Prawns – 400 gms, shelled and cooked
Salt as required
Pepper as per taste
Fresh Coriander Leaves – Chopped, to garnish
1. Place the tomatoes in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover.
2. Let it stand for 1 to 2 minutes, then remove the tomatoes with a slotted spoon, peel off the skins and refresh in cold water.
3. Dice the flesh and place in a large, non-metallic bowl.
4. Slice the mango lengthways on either side of the flat central seed.
5. Peel the two mango pieces and cut the flesh into chunks.
6. Slice and peel any remaining flesh around the stone, then cut into chunks.
7. Add to the tomatoes with any juice.
8. Add the chilli, lime juice, chopped coriander and salt and pepper to taste.
9. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours to allow the flavours to develop.
10. Remove the dish from the refrigerator.
11. Fold the prawns gently into the mango mixture and divide between 4 serving dishes.
12. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve at once.