Dehusked black gram (whole) – 1 cup
Rock salt – 1 tsp
Rice flour – 2 tbsp
Oil – enough for deep frying
1. Soak dhal in enough water for 11/2 to 2 hours.
2. Drain water completely and grind dhal to smooth, frothy paste without adding water. (Approximately 30 minutes in the normal grinder).
3. Add salt at the end of grinding. Mix rice flour with this.
4. Heat oil in a deep curved frying pan.
5. Using wet hands shape little dough into a ball and then pat on top of a plastic sheet or wet muslin cloth.
6. Put a hole in the centre.
7. Deep fry in hot oil. Do not disturb till underneath turns to golden colour. Turn once to fry the other side brown and crisp.
8. Serve hot with Idli and Sambhar.
Medu Vadai Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Medu Vadai from Awesome Cuisine.