Carrots – 500 gms, peeled, grated
Milk – 750 ml
Sugar – 250 gms
Cardamom Powder – 1 to 2 tsp or as required
Saffron Strands – 1 tsp, mixed with 1 tblsp warm milk
Orange Food Colour – few drops
Ghee – 2 tblsp
1. Heat a heavy-bottomed pan over medium flame.
2. Boil the milk and carrots until thick, stirring from time to time.
3. Add sugar and cook until it thickens.
4. Now add ghee, cardamoms, saffron strands and orange colour.
5. Reduce flame to low and cook till the ghee starts to separate.
6. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
7. Garnish with sliced almonds or cashewnuts.
image credit: spicesofindia.co.uk