Chicken – 1 whole, made into pieces after being deboned
Onions – 2, chopped
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Coriander seeds powder – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 inch piece, chopped
Garlic – 8, minced
Curd – 1 cup, fresh
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Almonds – 5, chopped
Cashew nuts – 10, chopped
Lemon juice – a dash
Coriander leaves – for garnishing
Water – 2 cups
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Salt as per taste
1. Add the chicken pieces with turmeric and salt in the curd after it is whipped sufficiently. Let the mixture set for about half an hour.
2. Now, heat the ghee and add the onions, garlic and ginger till they turn to a light brown colour.
3. Once that is done, add the red chilli powder and the coriander and allow the mixture to simmer for some more time.
4. To this add the chicken mixture and let it fry for another 5 minutes. You should also add around two cups of water so that the chicken does not stick.
5. Cover the chicken and allow it to cool till tender. You must wait to see that all the water has been absorbed and the dish is dry.
6. Finally, add the garam masala and salt.
7. To garnish, add all the dry fruits and the coriander leaves to the prepared dish.
8. Shahi chicken korma is ready.