A quick, healthy and nutritious dosa variety made with ragi flour. Ragi is rich in protein and minerals when compared to other cereals. It is also rich in calcium and is known to reduce the risk of diabetes, reduce cholesterol levels and increases iron absorption.
Ragi Flour – 2 cups
Rice Flour – 2 tblsp
Urad Dal Flour – 2 tblsp
Rava (Sooji) – 2 tblsp
Green Chillies – 5 to 6, finely chopped
Ginger – 2 inch piece, minced
Onions – 2, finely sliced
Coriander Leaves – 1 cup, finely chopped
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Buttermilk – 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Combine the ragi flour, rice flour, urad dal flour and little salt in a bowl.
2. Add all the other ingredients except oil and mix well without any lumps.
3. Gradually add some water and mix well to make a slightly thin batter.
4. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
5. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
6. Apply oil around the edges and cook on both sides until browned.
7. Remove and serve hot with chutney of choice.