12 arvi leaves
1 1/2 cup gram flour
1/2 cup atta
1/2 cup tamarind juice
1 tbsp jaggery
1 tsp soda bi-carb
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp til
pinch of asafoetida
salt to taste
1. Mix gram flour, wheat atta, tamarind pulp, asafoetida, jaggery, salt, chilli powder and soda bi-carb.
2. Make it into a thick paste.
3. Wash arvi leaves and remove stems and veins.
4. Smear the batter behind the leaves.
5. Put 3-4 leaves one on top of the other and roll tightly.
6. Steam the rolls tied with string for half an hour.
7. Cool and cut into slices.
8. Season with mustard seeds and til.