Pompfret/Rohu Fish - 1 kg
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Ginger & Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Mix all the powders together with a little water bring it to a thick paste.
2. Make sure you hand mix it, don’t add too much water and loosen the consistency.
3. Now wash the fish clean it and then make cuts on the fish body with a sharp knife, avoid giving over pressure just a slit would do.
4. Now apply the above paste over the fish in little volume based on the degree of spice you prefer.
5. Leave it for ½ an hour and then shallow fry it on a tawa in low flame until it turns golden brown, fry it on both the sides, your fish is ready to serve
Note: For added flavor just squeeze a little lemon over the fish and serve it hot, with Little onion slices which is sprinkled with little lemon juice and salt.