Fish – 500 gms, sliced
Brinjals – 150 gms, sliced
Onions – 2, sliced
Coconut – 50 gms, grated
Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tblsp
Oil – 1/2 tblsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 to 4 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli Paste – 2 to 3 tblsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fennel Powder – 1/4 tsp, coarse
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves – handful, chopped
Tamarind Concentrate – 100 gms, mixed with 2 cups water
Salt – 1/2 tsp or as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Saute the onions until golden and keep aside.
3. Dry roast the coconut, coriander seeds and cumin seeds separately.
4. Combine and grind together the onions, coconut, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, green chilli paste and water in a blender.
5. Blend until smooth.
6. Heat ghee in a pan.
7. Fry fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds and mustard seeds for a minute.
8. Add the curry leaves and ground paste.
9. Cook until the oil starts to separate.
10. Add the tamarind water and sliced brinjals.
11. Add salt and bring to a boil.
12. Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
13. Now add the fish slices and bring to a boil again.
14. Simmer until the fish is cooked and tender.
15. Remove and transfer to a serving dish.
16. Serve hot with rice.
Karaikudi Fish Curry Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Karaikudi Fish Curry Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.