Sweet Corn Kernels – 3 cups, boiled
Capsicum – 4, even sized
Oil – 1 1/2 tblsp
Bread Slices – 2, crusts removed
Cheese – 1/4 cup, grated
Coconut – 1/2 tblsp, grated
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 tblsp, chopped
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Mustard Seeds – few
Cumin Seeds – few
Salt as per taste
Ginger Chilli Paste – 1 tsp
1. Cut the top of the capsicums like a lid and discard the seeds.
2. Dip the capsicums in warm water and remove.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Fry the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida powder and ginger chilli paste.
5. Add the corn kernels, salt, red chilli powder and mix well for a minute or two.
6. Add coconut, coriander leaves and stir.
7. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
8. Stuff the capsicums with this mixture and place them in a plate.
9. Soak the bread slices in water and squeeze dry.
10. Add cheese and mix well to a paste.
11. Seal the capsicums with this bread-cheese mixture.
12. Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
13. Place the capsicums in it and cover with the pan with a lid.
14. Cook over low flame for 3 to 4 minutes or until the capsicum is cooked.
15. Remove and serve with chutney or sauce.