Rice – 1 cup, cooked
Coriander Leaves – 1 cup
Mint Leaves – 1 cup
Curry Leaves – 1 cup
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Toor Dal – 2 tsp
Mor Milagai (Milaga Vatral) – 6
Tamarind – a small ball
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat a little oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the dals and milagai vatral for a minute.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. Add the coriander leaves, mint leaves and curry leaves to the pan.
5. Saute for a minute or two.
6. Add the reserved dals and milagai vatral to the pan.
7. Remove and combine together with salt and tamarind.
8. Grind to a coarse powder.
9. Mix the rice with the ground powder.
10. Heat 1/4 tsp of oil in a small frying pan.
11. Fry the mustard seeds and asafoetida powder.
12. Add this to the rice and mix well.
Green Rice Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Green Rice from Awesome Cuisine.