- Square piece of Tuna – 300 gms
- Salt as per taste
- White Pepper
- Light Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
- Spring Onions – 3, green parts only, finely sliced
- Daikon (White Radish) – One 15cm piece, grated
- Salad Onion – 1, grated
- Peppery Sprouts – 50 gms, for garnish
- Dill – few sprigs, for garnish
- Toasted Sesame Seeds – 1 tblsp
For the Dressing:
- Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
- Light Soy Sauce – 1/4 cup
- Rice Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Mirin – 2 tsp
- To make the ponzu dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and leave for 1 hour before using.
- Trim the sides of the tuna.
- Season lightly with salt and white pepper and brush with oil.
- Heat a non stick pan without oil.
- When very hot add the tuna and sear on all sides until it is cooked to a depth of about 8mm with the centre still raw.
- Remove and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Blanch the spring onions in boiling water.
- Drain at once.
- With a clean tea towel squeeze dry.
- Combine the daikon, salad onion and spring onions.
- Arrange on individual plates, reserving some for garnish.
- Slice the tuna and arrange on top.
- Drizzle with most of the dressing, then top with remaining daikon and onion mixture.
- Garnish with sprouts and dill.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and add a little extra dressing.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !