Spanish Grilled Capsicum and Eggplant Salad.
- Red Capsicums – 2
- Green Capsicums – 2
- Eggplants – 3
- Cherry Tomatoes – 200 gms
- Olive Oil
- Ground Black Pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Fresh Mint – chopped, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 240C.
- Place whole capsicums and eggplants on an oven tray lined with aluminium foil in the centre of the oven.
- Turn frequently until the outsides of the vegetables are completely blackened and soft to the touch.
- Remove but leave the oven on.
- Place the grilled vegetables in a bowl and cover with a cling wrap, then set aside for 10 minutes to allow the skins to loosen.
- Put the tomatoes on the oven and cook for 2 minutes, until they have softened and the skins are blistered.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Remove the skins from the capsicums and eggplants.
- Cut the capsicum into strips and eggplant into chunks.
- Arrange on the platter with the tomatoes.
- Drizzle salad generously with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with some red wine vinegar.
- Garnish with chopped mint.
- Serve warm or serve cold.